Special Themed Voyage - The Mighty MississippiPosted on 03/19/2019
The Mighty Mississippi
June 23 - July 15, 2019
Prepare to be forever changed by this epic 23-day voyage as we cruise northbound from New Orleans to Red Wing (Minneapolis). As we wind our way along the majestic Mississippi River, you will be transported back to an era of leisurely and romantic travel. Storybook American towns and vibrant, bustling cities combine with sweeping panoramas as we move between the river’s beautiful banks.
This cruise is packed with special productions. Joining us will be fabulous guest entertainers, including Dave & Cathy with a lively stringed-instrument show, the legendary Memphis blues of Joyce Cobb, the Delta musical stylings of Queen Ann Hines, bluesy sounds from Big A and the All-Stars, the mind-bending magic and comedy of New Orleans-based entertainer Danté and special historical features such as Mark Twain in the person of expert tribute artist Lewis Hankins and an evening with President Abraham Lincoln as portrayed by artist George Buss.
Along the way, opportunities abound to soak in local culture. After visiting Ayers Pottery in Hannibal, Missouri, for instance, on our included Hop-On, Hop-Off excursion, amplify that experience with an optional premium visit for a personal lesson from Steve Ayers and a coveted chance to produce your own souvenir clay masterpiece.
A three-day, two-night pre- or post-cruise City Stay package will add value to your journey, with included luxury hotel stays, select meals and transportation. Book The Ultimate New Orleans Experience to enjoy an attractions pass packed with options, streetcar access and more. Or try Headwaters of the Mississippi, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to walk across the Mississippi River headwaters at Lake Itasca. Enjoy a full-day adventure on shore and on the lake, along with a tour of the Twin Cities and a guided boat tour on the Chester Charles II, among other fabulous inclusions.
Included with your fare:
- A one-night premium hotel stay to begin your journey, with breakfast, taxes, porterage and transfer to the American Queen
- Comprehensive, guided Hop-On Hop-Off shore excursions in each port of call
- Visit nine states, and traverse abundant locks and dams
- All onboard meals, with delicious, regionally inspired cuisine
- Broadway-caliber entertainment nightly
- Wine and beer with dinner
- Coffee, tea, cappuccino, espresso, filtered water, soft drinks, ice cream, popcorn and freshly baked cookies
- Wi-Fi/Internet service
- Limited laundry service (once per week)
- Daily lectures by the Riverlorian, our resident history and culture expert